When I was 6, my father used to make the house tremble with Mozart symphonies, and I, standing on the coffe table with a stick in my hand, would conduct them. At 20 I had become a real conductor, and enchanted scenes in Amsterdam, Cambridge, Cologne and even the famous New Yorks Carnegie Hall with my “baguette”.
I had to go to the other side of the globe to find my Big Love, and he happened to speak french. After a year, so did I, and we moved to the south of France. His roots and my dream.
Starting a family under the mediterranean sun does not leave much room for a conductors career, and soon I found myself working in the estate buisiness. A whole new world and an exciting challenge.
Many of my clients keep coming back to me with a whole variety of linguistic questions, and when even my neighbours started to ask me to help out with their foreign clients, I decided to start my Linguisitc Services.
I have always loved languages. In all my projects, language and culture have taken an important place. For me, Linguistic Service goes beyond a simple translation. It is a true understanding of the differences between cultures, and the ability of bringing them together. That is why I have so many faithfull clients.
TUBES AND PIPES I am standing on the edge of a “restanque”, one of these lovely stonewalls you see everywhere in the Provence, admiring the views. At my right, the french plummer tries to limit the demonstrations of unconditional love and joy of his puppy dog.
– Look, he explains between two leaps, under here is an old stone pipe leading from the guest house to the septic tank. Completely blocked with roots.
-Can’t you just clean out the roots? asks the english owner at my left.
– Oh yes, it’s a possibility, but it is some 40m, and I cannot garantee the result. You better put a new pipe in.
– And how much will that cost me?
– Oh là là! Not so easy to say, new piping, pits at all angles, when we start digging you never know, we might encounter rock… You can also make a small septic tank only for the guesthouse. Apply for a test, have an investigation done, we dig a hole ” et voilà”.
-What do you think? asks the owner
I think that an official investigator will be shocked about the actual instalation and oblige to renew the whole system. You actually have a choise between doing it now and doing it soon. He looks not happy.
– Just clean the pipe than, shall we? says the plummer as he disappears into the vines after his puppy dog.